My major interests in historical linguistics focus on the interplay between the internal and external mechanisms that trigger change in language. I am also interested in the historical and comparative linguistics of Zapotecan and related problems in the historical phonology of Spanish.
- Personal pronouns in Zapotec and Zapotecan
- Late affrication of <ç> and <z>: Evidence from Spanish loans in Zapotec and Trique.
- Spanish loanwords and the historical phonology of Zaniza Zapotec.
- First-person Plural and the Aspect Morphology of Zapotec.
- Los pronombres personales en zapoteco y zapotecano: un estudio diacrónico.
- Los préstamos y la fonología histórica del zapoteco de Zaniza.
- More on the chronology of post-sixteenth-century sound changes in Zapotec and Spanish.
- Zapotec *tty/ty, *ttz/tz
- Two case studies in Zapotec historical phonology